Friday, February 11, 2011

I Want My Life, not This Stupid One.

I have a confession to make. One of the side effects of being as awesome as I am? I end up being a super spoiled princess. I don't like hearing the word "no" - it's generally not in my vocabulary. Yes, I am smart about what I ask for, but I am also super charming (and generally much more humble than this..), so I usually get what I want.

This probably goes back to a time when I was rather small. My parents both worked early in the morning, so I got to hang out with my grandparents till it was time to go to preschool. When I decided to wake up (see.. waking up whenever I feel like it has been a part of my life for a long time :).. ), my grandpa would inevitably ask me what I would like to eat for breakfast. Most of the time, he would give me options, and most of the time I picked an english muffin with orange marmalade, or biscuits and gravy without sausage (he always made it without sausage for me.. I have always been super spoiled..). One morning, however, I saw that my grandma had made a chocolate cake the night before. My grandma's chocolate cake is legendary. Google it, I dare you. People have died trying to get it. Anyway, she had made a chocolate cake in her special chocolate cake pan, and I spied it. I decided to go waaaaaaaaaay out on a limb and tell my grandpa something I had never thought before.

Grandpa " good morning, sweetheart! what would you like for breakfast this morning?"

Amy "chocolate cake and Pepsi?"

Grandpa "coming up!"

no. joke.

I think he created a monster.

A super fun, fabulous monster with killer accessories and a cute car.

oh, and about the title? I got in a car wreck and don't have my super cute car and my job had to change. So this spoiled princess is doing the equivalent of stamping her feet (that may or may not have actually happened several times tonight) and throwing a tantrum. I'll keep you posted.. :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll be okay! God has provided you a different job that will not require you to have a cute car right now. Though I hope you find a better cute car even though standards are really hard to find. They are cheaper, but harder to find.
    Anyhoooooo, consider yourself deeply blessed for things to have worked out..at least in that aspect of things.

    Lemme know if you need anything!

    Love one of your dearest friends,
    Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete