Saturday, February 19, 2011

Is This What Being a Grown Up is Like?

Can I make a confession? I have yet to sleep past 9 o'clock a.m. this week.

You might be thinking to yourself - "wait a second! This kid, just a week ago, was talking about how she could sleep all day. I feel shammed, lied to, schemed.. I feel like I invested all my money with Bernie Madoff! (too soon for that one? apologies if so..)"

In response to the imaginary thoughts I just placed in your head, I must say that I agree. I am working to correct these atrocities. Here are activities that I have been doing to wear myself out - both during the day (so I am more tired at night) and at night (so I can force myself to stay up, thus hopefully sleeping in later):

1. Homework. Yes, I don't normally do it, really. :) My grades are usually made immaculate by a little thing I like to call 'Participation Points'.

2. Run around like I am crazy. sample thought.. "huh.. Big Lots does not in fact get new stuff in on the hour every hour. Good. To. Know."

3. Go to the lake. There are several around here and when I drive there, I inevitably get out and proceed back to #2, minus Big Lots, plus imaginary fish.

4. Avoid doing laundry at all costs. I would say I am pretty successful at this. My roommate would probably agree, right after she barfs.


This list could go on for a while. Suffice it to say that I am trying to get back to *my* normal Circadian Rhythm. It's just not working. Suggestions?

If not, I'm headed to the lake. Blake the Fish and I had a fight today and I must go apologize. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment