Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Vamlumtime's Is Serious Times.

There was a time in my life when I wasn’t clumsy. Two times, in fact. Well, more like one and a half.

The first time was when I was like 6 and in gymnastics.  This is the half time – because I was still pretty clumsy.

The full time I wasn’t clumsy was my freshman and sophomore years of college when I was in Show Choir. You can’t be clumsy and be in Show Choir. It.  Just.  Doesn’t.  Work.

But, now, I have been away from gymnastics and dancing for an exorbitant amount of time.  I still remember steps, but can’t execute them as awesomely as I used to.

I also have awkward limbs. I feel like I have freakishly long ape arms and I have pretty long legs. This is important for the next part of the story. Oh, and also? A couple of weekends ago, I got this awesome pair of new shoes.. huge platforms with a 5” heel. Oh.. I forgot another thing you should probably know - I somehow miraculously ended up on the Homecoming committee at my school. I don’t really know how it happened, but I had to go to the Homecoming dance.

The day was crazy busy. I started super early in the morning dealing with wreck stuff. I had to help a professor with a mailing, go decorate for the homecoming dance, help with a concession stand, then get cute, and finally, go host the dance.

All the stuff before getting cute and going to the dance is irrelevant to this, so we will fast forward through it. I put on my special event perfume, put on my super cute crazy platforms, and headed to the dance. When people started coming, we were having a decent time. I was looking super cute, and having fun. The DJ comes in and starts playing music that I can’t stand, so I decide to go outside. As I head outside the building, in my super cute platforms, I miss a stair and overstepped the next one.

I freaking fell down the entire staircase in front of the building where the Dance was. Seriously.  Did a flip. I hear it was legendary? I have several concrete kisses on several parts of my body. It’s pretty legit.
Long story short? Concrete makes a pretty terrible Valentine.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment